We consistently see employees being paid and treated unfairly. Here are some things to look out for:
- Doffing and donning cases (not properly accounting for time putting on safety gear to perform the job)
- Not paying minimum wage, much less overtime, and forcing employees to work off-the-clock
- Misclassifying as “independent” contractors to avoid paying federal payroll matching
- Illegal payroll deductions for housing, food, uniforms, transportation
- Paying a “salary” to avoid paying overtime.
If you have suffered any of these abuses, call or email us today. There is absolutely no charge to talk to me or my staff. Also, remember it is against the law for your employer to punish, fire or jerk you around for complaining about improper pay.